Update in 2022! MitoFish has a new user interface, allows search by synonyms and common names, and is equipped with updated MitoAnnotator and MiFish Pipeline.
MitoFish is a comprehensive and standardized fish mitochondrial genome database.
This database is for many types of people including those who...
- are interested in any fish species/taxonomy
- have fish mitochondrial sequence and want to BLAST it
- sequenced fish mitogenomes and want to annotate them as easily as possible
- aim at comparative mitogenomics by downloading standardized fish mitogenome data
- analyze fish environmental DNA amplified by MiFish primers
MitoAnnotator now accepts a multi-fasta file and new MiFish Pipeline is available for analyzing fish eDNA data.
To take a glance, please visit a sample page (Anguilla japonica).
Zhu et al., Mol. Biol. Evol. 40, msad035 (2023)
Sato et al., Mol. Biol. Evol. 35, 1553-1555 (2018)
Iwasaki et al., Mol. Biol. Evol. 30, 2531-2540 (2013)
Help Advanced Search High-Level Classification All Species
Enter name of fish or a RefSeq/GenBank accession number:
Species Search Result:
Sequence Similarity Search (BLAST)
Enter a sequence in FASTA format or Plain Text:
Sequence Search Result:
- Complete mtDNA Data:
- Complete + Partial Data: